Who we are
If you can flip a switch on the wall and be confident the light will turn on, or adjust your thermostat to stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer, then you already understand the transformational power of our mission.
At New Fortress Energy (NASDAQ: NFE), we believe everyone, everywhere should have affordable, clean energy. Today, we’re helping customers lower costs and reduce emissions by replacing oil-based fuels with natural gas. Tomorrow, we aim to be the world’s largest provider of carbon-free power. Every day, we’re working to create a world that’s powered by positive energy.
Our company was founded in 2014 with the belief that access to affordable, reliable, cleaner energy is not a privilege, but a human right. Universal access to energy can impact everything from education to poverty reduction to gender equality. Creating that access – in an environmentally responsible way – is why we’re here.
Billions of people still lack access to reliable, affordable energy, a critical element for quality of life and economic growth. We’re positively energized by the challenge to change that paradigm – to rapidly deliver fully integrated, completely customized, turnkey energy solutions through funding, building, and operating natural gas infrastructure and logistics. It’s a transformational opportunity to spark economic growth, enhance environmental stewardship, and dramatically improve local industries and communities – and people’s lives.
Our world-class teams – based in New York, Miami, and across the world – are pioneering energy transformation with complete solutions to the biggest energy challenges. With expertise across power, infrastructure, transportation, and LNG, we have a proven track record building and operating liquefaction facilities, onshore and offshore regasification terminals, pipelines, power plants, and small-scale solutions.
We’re a global group with diverse backgrounds, views, skills, and experiences. We strive to be creative, nimble problem-solvers and reliable partners. We’re building a fast-paced, dynamic work environment with opportunities for every employee to develop talents and skills and grow as a person and as a leader.
The Global Supply Manager will support New Fortress Energy’s development team focusing on capital equipment used at our global facilities. As a member of our Global Supply Chain Organization he/she will be supporting the development, implementation and management of industry best practices to provide New Fortress Energy with optimal supply assurance, pricing, flexibility, quality and delivery performance.
What you will do:
- Owner of RFx processes - ensuring all commercial terms are agreed and documented.
- Ensure NDA, SOW's and Master Purchase Agreement are positioned appropriately before business is initiated.
- Drive continual cost reduction and avoidance initiatives through ad hoc price negotiations and supply base consolidation where possible.
- Lead the vendor selection process and manage supplier relationships.
- Monitor current market conditions, technology roadmaps and identify supply/demand challenges & opportunities.
- Analyze current spend and evaluate current suppliers. Consolidate spend across the supply base to create leverage, analyze purchasing trends and develop sourcing alternatives.
- Develop key performance measures for chosen suppliers and negotiate on multiple variables to award long-term strategic contracts that result in significant cost reduction and improved service levels.
- Develop spend strategies and secure the best prices, terms, and conditions of agreements.
- Develop sourcing and negotiation strategies that deliver against business objectives and achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Define an end-to-end strategy focusing on total life cycle management and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or Finance.
- 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, or supply chain operations.
- Experience or strong interest in capital equipment purchasing, construction management, or engineering preferred.
What we offer
As an NFE employee, you’ll enjoy unique benefits including a generous vacation policy; medical, dental, and vision coverage; a healthcare concierge; free short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance; a 401K plan; commuter benefits; team events; healthy snacks; and even an onsite gym.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
New Fortress Energy is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. NFE considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or sexual orientation or any other status protected by applicable law.