Who we are
If you can flip a switch on the wall and be confident the light will turn on, or adjust your thermostat to stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer, then you already understand the transformational power of our mission.
At New Fortress Energy (NASDAQ: NFE), we believe everyone, everywhere should have affordable, clean energy. Today, we’re helping customers lower costs and reduce emissions by replacing oil-based fuels with natural gas. Tomorrow, we aim to be the world’s largest provider of carbon-free power. Every day, we’re working to create a world that’s powered by positive energy.
Our company was founded in 2014 with the belief that access to affordable, reliable, cleaner energy is not a privilege, but a human right. Universal access to energy can impact everything from education to poverty reduction to gender equality. Creating that access – in an environmentally responsible way – is why we’re here.
Billions of people still lack access to reliable, affordable energy, a critical element for quality of life and economic growth. We’re positively energized by the challenge to change that paradigm – to rapidly deliver fully integrated, completely customized, turnkey energy solutions through funding, building, and operating natural gas infrastructure and logistics. It’s a transformational opportunity to spark economic growth, enhance environmental stewardship, and dramatically improve local industries and communities – and people’s lives.
Our world-class teams – based in New York, Miami, and across the world – are pioneering energy transformation with complete solutions to the biggest energy challenges. With expertise across power, infrastructure, transportation, and LNG, we have a proven track record building and operating liquefaction facilities, onshore and offshore regasification terminals, pipelines, power plants, and small-scale solutions.
We’re a global group with diverse backgrounds, views, skills, and experiences. We strive to be creative, nimble problem-solvers and reliable partners. We’re building a fast-paced, dynamic work environment with opportunities for every employee to develop talents and skills and grow as a person and as a leader.
NFE is looking for a Maritime Crewing Coordinator to schedule crews on OSVs and Tugs in foreign ports. The Crewing Coordinator will work with international and local project crewing agencies. This role is responsible to assist in the coordination of all logistics involved with crew changes, including provide input to HR Department in recruiting for open vessel positions and ensuring all credentials and training certifications are in full compliance.
What you will do:
- Coordinate all schedules of the crew members for allocated vessels
- Compilation and management of sea staff contracts
- Travel, Visa and relevant joining documentation management
- Constant communication and interaction with crews
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with Crewing Agencies
- Establishment and management of a seafarer pool which can be drawn from to man managed vessels, support other operations in the region and new start-up projects and contracts
- Checking crew certificate and qualification validity
- Ensure all crew joining the vessel have completed required training before embarking
What you bring:
- 3+ years experience in Crewing
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and within budgets
- Knowledge of software, database and word processing programs (MS Office)
- Entrepreneurial mindset with an aptitude for critical, analytical thinking
- Excellent organizational, planning and presentation skills
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred
What we offer
As an NFE employee, you’ll enjoy unique benefits including a generous vacation policy; medical, dental, and vision coverage; a healthcare concierge; free short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance; a 401K plan; commuter benefits; team events; and healthy snacks.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
New Fortress Energy is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. NFE considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or sexual orientation or any other status protected by applicable law.