Fostering inclusion, engagement, and growth in the workplace
Energy Filled Story
2021 Sustainability Report:
workforce inclusion, engagement
As we continue to expand our operations to bring safe, reliable LNG to more communities where it can have the greatest impact, we are also expanding our workforce with the most talented and diverse engineers, operations managers, technicians, logistics specialists, and all our other roles.
In 2020, we created 112 jobs, in 2021 we created another roughly 200 jobs, and for 2022, we set the goal of bringing on 200 or so more members of the NFE team– and nearly all have been and should continue to be local hires.
Of course, there’s more to a job than the job itself. That’s why we have a robust program of inclusion, engagement, benefits, and development opportunities, including:
- Initiatives focused on retaining women in the workforce.
- A new human capital management platform to improve talent assessment, learning, and development via people analytics.
- An engagement survey, growing globally, to measure and improve on this key satisfaction metric.
- Generous vacation allowances, 16 weeks of paid maternity leave, health and life insurance, flexible spending benefits, mental health and medical support services, access to on-site gyms, and an employee referral program.
- Continuous learning for employees and leadership training for managers, plus tuition reimbursement.
- A Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy and training to ensure employees can feel safe and thrive while at work – and before, during their recruitment.
One of our favorite development opportunities starts with the communities where we operate. In 2021, we welcomed our first Jamaica engineering interns from the University of the West Indies, the University of Technology Jamaica, and Caribbean Maritime University. It was exciting to help these aspiring engineers gain meaningful, practical, hands-on experience with LNG to become more competitive and more marketable.
Promoting a safe work environment in which all employees are treated with respect and dignity, fostering creativity, promoting collaborative teamwork – that’s the power of positive energy.